Building a sustainable model and partner network to support employment and labour mobility in the cross border area Bulgaria-Romania
The Industrial Association - Veliko Tarnovo is starting a project “Building a sustainable model and partner network to support employment and labour mobility in the cross border area Bulgaria-Romania”.
The aim of the project is to promote labor mobility in key economic sectors in the field of cross-border cooperation by creating conditions for balance between supply and demand on the labor market.
- The active population in the cross-border area Bulgaria-Romania - approximately 2125,600 people;
- Inactive population and unemployed persons in the cross-border area Bulgaria-Romania - approximately 400 000 persons;
- Private companies - no less than 500
- The Industrial Association - Veliko Tarnovo (Lead beneficiary)
- The Constanta Chamber of Commerce, Industry, Navigation and Agriculture – CCINA Constanta (Romania)
- The Bulgarian Industrial Association
- Identification of key economic sectors with potential for labor mobility in the cross-border area;
- Development of competent catalogs of the selected enterprises with a description of the basic knowledge, skills, competencies required by the employers;
- Development of e-tools for competence assessment;
- Conducting a survey of at least 300 target group representatives on employment opportunities;
- Development and implementation of e-trainings for at least 300 representatives of the target group;
- Conducting trainings for HR specialists from Bulgaria and Romania in order to improve their skills for selecting the labor force on the other side of the border;
- Awareness raising campaign on employment opportunities in the cross-border region Bulgaria - Romania;
- Development and maintenance of a common database with useful information for the employees and the employers on both sides of the border.
- Established conditions for balance between supply and demand on the labor market in the cross-border region;
- Established conditions for sustainable jobs, career development and more employment opportunities;
- Promoted labor mobility
The project is funded under the INTERREG program, totaling € 593,492.79, of which € 504,468.87 are from European funding. It is expected to be completed in the spring of 2019.